Our vision is to provide a high quality, effective and inclusive Alternative Provision solution for young people for whom mainstream education at Burscough Priory currently does not succeed in providing the appropriate opportunities and learning solutions.
The centre will provide an Alternative Provision at Burscough Priory in a purpose built facility. The facilities will add substantially and provide a widening inclusive curriculum extending and/or replacing the mainstream offer where appropriate.
Our Curriculum is a clear pathway to learning and students will learn key life skills with a curriculum which will include:
- English Literature
- Resistant Materials
- Graphic Products
- ASDAN – Various skills studied from painting and decorating, to building.
- ICT – Functional Skills / ECDL ITC
- Product Design
- First Aid at work Level 2
- Young Leaders Level 2
Benefits for individuals
- Learn essential skills in leadership and self-management
- Develop an understanding, plus core skills, in the role of mentoring
- Build evidence of your new skills through a journal of development
- Improve your personal accountability and motivation
- Get a nationally recognised qualification
- English – At least 3 sessions / week
- Mathematics – At least 3 sessions / week
- Resilience – Emotional support / counselling / Mentoring (KW / A.M / JF)
- Careers advice / sessions.