Whether your child is starting school for the first time in September or if you already have children on roll at school, you may not be aware whether you are entitled to claim Free School Meals.
By registering your child for Free School Meals means our school receives additional funds which can assist with purchasing additional resources to aid achievement.
Registering your child is confidential and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
In order to qualify you must be receiving one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related ESA (Employment and Support Allowance)
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Element)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit and with an annual income of less than £16,190 (NB. If you are receiving Working Tax Credit you will NOT be eligible for Free School Meals except in the option stipulated below only).
- Working Tax Credit ‘run on’-the payment you may receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
You may now apply online for free school meals direct with Lancashire County Council. Please click here to do this.
If you think that you are entitled, then all you need to do is complete the form downloadable below and send it to:
Pupil Access Team Area Education Office
East Cliff JDO, PRESTON, Lancashire
Alternatively, you may telephone the Pupil access team on 01772 533 608 and give them the information over the phone.
You may also telephone the school directly if you require further information or assistance in filling in the application form.