Wearing a school uniform means that no student is set apart from others. The uniform gives students a sense of pride in the school and themselves, encouraging self-respect and discipline. The highest standards of uniform are non-negotiable; shirts must be tucked in, shoes polished and blazers worn at all times.
N.B. All students who are unable to participate for medical reasons are still required to bring their PE kit so they are prepared for other roles such as umpiring and coaching that they may be asked to carry out in lessons. It is essential that students wear correct school uniform to and from school.
*ALL ITEMS SHOULD BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME*
- Plain white open-neck blouse without tie or plain white buttoned shirt with blue school tie (purple tie for year 11 only)
- Navy blue blazer with school badge
- Navy blue skirt or pinafore, which must be knee length, or black trousers
- Black socks or black tights
- Black, flat, leather or leather-look shoes (not black trainers)
- Optional navy blue cardigan with school badge or navy blue jumper with school badge
- White polo shirt with school badge only
- Royal blue shorts with yellow side stripe
- Plain white socks
- Royal blue football socks with a double gold band at top
- Trainers (non-marking soles)
- Royal blue rugby shirt with school badge only
- Shin pads
- Studded football boots
- Optional navy blue track suit with school badge only (can be purchased as a separate top or bottoms if required) – we strongly recommend that students have this as an extra layer to keep warm during the winter months.
N.B. Any student who is unable to participate for medical reasons is still required to bring PE kit in order to be prepared for other roles, such as umpiring and coaching. A signed note from home will also be required and any prolonged injury will require medical evidence.
*Please note: Those who may have financial difficulties may apply to the Education Office for assistance in the purchase of school uniform.
SCHOOL SHOES – need to be plain black leather/ leather-look. Canvas shoes are not suitable school shoes.
Please note that Nike, Adidas, Vans, Converse etc. do not make school shoes, even though some retailers market them as such.
COATS: Coats should be plain, smart and in keeping with the school uniform – grey/blue/black are recommended colours.
JEWELLERY: Students may wear a watch and one pair of plain stud earrings in the lower lobe, which must be removed when participating in sporting activities. No other piercings are permitted and any other items of jewellery will be confiscated.
HAIR/MAKE-UP: Extreme hairstyles and/or colours will not be allowed. Any makeup should be discreet and natural. Nail varnish and/or false nails are not permitted for any year group.
Please see our behaviour policy for further details.