Dear Parents and Carers, thank you for your response and involvement with our Choices process to date. Together with our proposed sponsor academy, The Endeavour Learning Trust, we have now completed a full curriculum review. The initial feedback from our Year 9 students on their preferred options via their green forms has assisted our partners to finalise the curriculum offer for our GCSE Options. The new curriculum offer will enable your children to thrive and succeed at GCSE and beyond. The changes mean that we will need you to fill in a new options form.
The main differences to our previous offer are:
- We have removed Separate Sciences from the options pathway as there will now be additional time within the core Science for those students who wish to pursue the separate science GCSEs – if your son / daughter previously opted for this they will be counselled individually by a member of the Science Faculty
- Students will now select only three options – this has allowed us to increase the time spent on each subject to ensure a still greater depth of learning for the new GCSE’s
- Any of our students can still choose the full English Baccalaureate (EBacc) suite of subjects (Spanish and History/Geography). The students will not be required to do so but we will insist that all of our students must opt for at least one subject from: Geography, History and/or Spanish. (One of these subjects will have to be ticked somewhere on the new form).
- The choices within each option block have been rearranged to better suit the changes above and the preferences previously expressed.
The recommendations made to your son/ daughter in our previous literature are still applicable:
- Choose a subject because you like it and you think you will do well in it
- Think carefully about any careers you have in mind before making the choices
- Some universities, colleges and employers like applicants with a broad range of qualifications which may include a modern language
- Talk to parents and teachers before making your final decision
A copy of the options form is below and needs to be returned to Mr Edgar by Thursday 3rd May.
Click here to download options form